Coach Bailey is a graduate of West Texas A&M University (1992) with a Bachelor of Science in Biology and a minor in Education. He started with the Lewisville Independent School District (LISD) in the fall of 1993, where he has coached both soccer and golf. Coach Bailey became the Golf Head Coach at Flower Mound High School (FMHS) in 2014, after serving as the Assistant Coach for six years. Since being a part of the FMHS golf program, Coach Bailey has had the privilege to coach four girls and nine boys that have gone on to play golf at the collegiate level.
Coach Bailey has been blessed as a high school athlete and coach to experience the thrill of playing or coaching at the state level in multiple sports. State tournaments or meets are the highest level one can compete in high school sports. One has to experience it to fully understand that it is the greatest experience an athlete will have in their four years of high school. It is Coach Bailey’s goal and quest to help athletes achieve this experience during their high school years.
Coach Bailey and his wife, Shelly – an elementary school teacher for LISD, have two children Kylie (FMHS – 2015) and Chase (FMHS – 2018), and a jack russell terrier – Aly.
* Two time Dallas Morning News Area Coach of the Year
* Coached in State Tournament
* Coached in U.I.L All-Star Game
* Featured in Joe Trahan’s Channel 8 Dodge High School Report
There is no substitute for hard work and dedication. Golf is a self-driven sport in the way that it does not matter how much coaches or parents want their player to succeed; if the individual player is not committed, they are less likely to be successful at the sport. We cannot swing the club for them.
“Every day that I missed practicing takes me one day longer to be good.” – Ben Hogan
“Well that’s why they make 18 holes.” After a double bogey at the first hole at the Colonial. – Ben Hogan
“It is not the shots you make, it is the next shot you take, let’s make it a good one.” That goes for golf and life. – Darren Bailey
* Shopping with his wife Shelly
* Going to Starbucks with his daughter Kylie
* Playing golf with his son Chase
* Throwing a tennis ball with Aly
* Nothing beats an ice cold Pepsi, a combination burrito with sour cream from Taco Villa in the panhandle, dark chocolate raisinets, or a trip to Turks and Caicos.